Underground Preinsulated Duct System
The BlueDuct® is an underground plastic air duct and fitting system, designed specifically for underground or below slab forced air systems. The system meets all national codes for underground ductwork. The BlueDuct was specifically designed to address common shortfalls and issues such as leakage, water intrusion, mold, mildew, radon, and inadequate thermal efficiency, installing insulation in the field, corrosion, sustainability, and seal testing. For frequently asked compliance issues, click here.
- 2018, 2015, 2012, 2009 Editions of the International Mechanical Code® (IMC)
- 2018, 2015, 2012, 2009 Editions of the International Residential Code® (IRC)
- 2018, 2015, 2012, 2009 Editions of the Uniform Mechanical Code® (UMC)*
- 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 Editions of the California Mechanical Code® (CMC)
*Uniform Mechanical Code is a copyrighted publication of the International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials.
In addition, the ICC-ES PMG-1023 certifies the BlueDuct is compliant with the following standards:
- ASTM D 2412-2011 Standard Test Method for Determination of External Loading Characteristics of Plastic -Duct by Parallel Plate Loading
- ICC-ES LC1014 Listing Criteria for Underground Plastic Air Ducts
- UL 723 (Ed.10) Test for Surface Burning Characteristics of Building Materials
- Below Flood Plain Elevation
- Tested to withstand 8ft. under water for 7 days with no leakage
- R-10 Value Equivalence
- Tested to NSF Protocol P374
- Designed for use in systems with a maximum rated positive pressure equivalent to 10 inch water column and a maximum rated negative pressure of 2 inch water column
- In accordance with Section 603.3 of the IMC, The BlueDuct® has actually been tested to withstand 42 inches of water column positive pressure.
- 2015, 2012, 2009 Edition of Uniform Mechanical Code® (UMC)
- 2016 California Mechanical Code® (CMC)
- 2016 California Residential Code® (CRC)
- 2016 California Energy Code® (CEC)
- 2015, 2012, and 2009 Edition of the International Mechanical Code® (IMC)
- 2015, 2012, and 2009 Edition of the International Residential Code® (IRC)
- 2015 and 2012 Edition of the International Energy Conservation Code® (IECC)