Outdoor Preinsulated Duct System
Outdoor Duct Made Easy.
Withstands Harsh Weather Conditions.
Engineered for exterior use, Q Duct® Outdoor Preinsulated Duct System is constructed to withstand harsh weather conditions in all climates. Q Duct® is custom fabricated using two layers of rigid UL 181 Pal phenolic core material, faced on both sides with coated aluminum and an exterior multilayered laminate jacketing material. Requiring no additional insulation or weatherproofing, Q Duct® sections are delivered pre-assembled to the job site ready for installation by a trained contractor. The product’s unique design easily installs in a fraction of the time of traditional insulated sheet metal duct, saving money and labor.
Q Duct® Features
- Interlocking design with a quadruple seal
- Meets UL 181
- Meets ASTM E84 flame and smoke requirements, 25/50
- Self-insulated—no need for insulation subcontractors
- Interior and exterior layers resist mold, mildew, UV and extreme weather conditions
- Contains no microfibers, CFC or HCFC
- Thermal break design with no through metal
- Industry-leading warranty
Q Duct® Benefits
- Saves energy, space and labor
- Improved indoor air quality (IAQ)
- Significantly lowers air and water leakage compared to exterior insulated sheet metal systems
- Durable, yet lightweight
- Fast and easy installation
- Significant installed cost-savings over traditional exterior duct systems
- Installed by certified contractors
- Virtually maintenance free
- Can contribute toward LEED® points
Q Duct’s patent-pending support mounting system utilizes external channel strut connected to the internal bracing structure of the Q Duct system. This allows for quick and easy mounting of ducts to support rails for both horizontal and vertical mounting orientations; saving contractors time and money.
Many traditional outdoor duct systems suffer from water ponding on top of the ducts resulting in mold, mildew, and rust. These problems can eventually make their way into the duct system and diminish the air quality of the system. Q Duct’s patent-pending sloped roof design helps to ensure water is quickly shed from the duct surface.
Unlike other traditional systems on the market, Q Duct’s quadruple interlocking system, Q Lok, features redundant seals to help ensure industry-leading low leakage & maximum energy efficiency. This additional feature is easy and fast to install, saving both time and money during the building process.
LEED is a registered trademark of the U.S. Green Building Council.