Location: Roseville, MN
AQC’s products, QDuct®, PalDuct™ and The BlueDuct®, have revolutionized air-duct systems for commercial, industrial and residential applications. AQC’s factory made, pre-insulated ductwork products are advanced alternatives to fiberglass and metal ductwork for a wide range of applications with many benefits, including energy efficiency, indoor air quality, labor savings and sustainable objectives.
AQC engineers, technicians and representatives work closely with customers to provide consistent high-quality engineered solutions, CAD services and contractor installation training. AQC’s underground, outdoor and indoor airduct systems are offered through knowledgeable distributors and representatives throughout North America.
AQC is currently hiring for an entry level Cost Accountant. We are seeking a self-motivated, go getter to join our team. This Accountant is responsible for performing cost analyses, developing and updating databases related to production and inventory, and managing cost information to maximize profitability for AQC, Ind. The position will also assist the Controller in other financial accounting functions and become an integral part of the business planning and development of operations.
- Planning, collecting and processing data to determine costs for all sales in two product lines.
- Generating invoices and credits for three or more product lines as needed.
- Collecting and reporting actual cost information on a timely basis for management use in assessing pricing and sales forecasting.
- Working with production management team to analyze and implement changes in design or production processes. Provide relevant cost estimates as required. Maintaining accounting data to ensure it reflects real time materials and processes as changes are implemented.
- Analyzing audits of costs and preparing results.
- Periodic reconciliation of inventory to ensure accurate counts.
- Maintaining and continuing development of Cost Accounting System
- Reconcile and close monthly sales, inventory, W.I.P. and related accounts for all product lines. Provide month end reports to management on timely basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree in accounting preferred or the equivalent in education, training and experience.
- Some experience as a Cost Accountant in a Manufacturing environment required.
- Experience working with engineering and manufacturing personnel on development and analysis of cost standards preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) preferred.
- Microsoft experience required, (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Ability to apply knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles & Cost Accountant Standards
- Very detailed, well organized and ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills
AQC offers a comprehensive and competitive compensation and benefits package to its employees. Includes but not limited to medical, dental, vision insurance, vacation time, 401K, profit sharing.